LensFlare35 Episode 67 – Interview with Commercial Photographer & Educator Dirk FletcherBy
LensFlare35 is a photography podcast brought to you by Dave Warner. This week, Dave interviews Dirk Fletcher. Dirk’s personal work centers on transportation, industry and things that are “big and cool.” He’s personally concerned with the archivability of a family’s personal history. As society has shifted from film cameras to cell phones to record birthdays, holidays and other family events, the days of finding a dusty box of history in grandma’s attic are numbered. Seven years ago, Dirk was hired by the Harrington College of Design to build the first new program offering in the school’s 75 year history – blending commercial photography with digital video.
In this episode, Dirk talks about what’s in grandma’s attic, why you should shoot film AND digital, his book “Lighting for Dummies“, how he ended up teaching, video, his kids and much more. We created a multi-media show of his images with an explanation of each one with the full podcast interview (above) and our typical show player and download, which is below.
If you have a comment, suggestion or a topic of interest that you would like us to explore in an upcoming show – send us a message using our contact form.
To listen to the full podcast interview, click on the player’s forward arrow below. You can also play the Podcast in a pop up window, download it OR subscribe to it via iTunes. You can download a List of Questions (PDF format) that I ask in the interview.
- LensFlare35 Episode 68 – Interview with Brian Hedenberg, Photographer and Inventor
- LensFlare 35 Episode 65 – Interview with Fine Art, Nature and Portrait Photographer Martin Bailey
- LensFlare35 Episode 66 – Interview with filmmaker Daryn DeLuco
- LensFlare35 Episode 74 – Interview with George Woolley – Filmmaker
- LensFlare 35 Episode 64 – Interview with Afterimage Gallery Owner/Director Ben Breard