Feb 8, 2011 – PRESS SUMMARY – PENTAX Imaging Company has announced its 12th generation of adventure series digital cameras – the PENTAX Optio WG-1 and PENTAX Optio WG-1 GPS. Featuring outstanding waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, coldproof, and crushproof capability, these extra-rugged models take adventure photography to new heights (and depths).
The new and improved features on the PENTAX Optio WG-1 include:
- 14 megapixel sensor.
- Waterproof to 33 feet.
- Shockproof design to withstand falls up to five feet.
- New crushproof construction* withstands up to 220 pounds (100kgf kilogram-force).
- Enhanced Digital Microscope mode offers five macro LEDs for excellent macro lighting plus a detachable macro stand for steadier capture.
- Face Detection technology including a new Self-Portrait Assist mode perfect for facebooking and other social networking activities.
- Available with and without GPS, the WG-1 GPS functionality* tracks and records positional data recording with images making it easy for users to check the shooting locations of captured images.
*Measured under PENTAX-original testing standards.** GPS included only on the select WG-1 GPS model.
Other important WG-1 features include:
- Coldproof to sub-freezing temps of minus 10 degrees C (14 degrees F).
- Dustproof protection.
- Wide angle 5X internal optical zoom lens (28-140mm equivalent).
- Video capture in widescreen 720p HD at 30 frames per second.
- A woven web fabric strap with a carabiner to attach the camera to a backpack and other outdoor gear.
- Eye-Fi wireless SD memory card connectivity.
Priced at $349.95 USD, Optio WG-1 will be available in a choice of Black or Purple, while the Optio WG-1 GPS will be priced at $399.95 USD and available in Black or Yellow Green. Both cameras will ship in April 2011.
Latest posts by Trevor Current (see all)
- 4K Video Flyover of Apple’s New Campus - April 6, 2015
- Get Unlimited Cloud Photo Storage From Amazon - April 5, 2015
- Google Wants Your Photography Website to be Mobile-friendly - April 5, 2015