The Active Photographer – Episode 74: Photographic Note-takingBy
This week: I’m considering whether there is really a need to make detailed notes about the pictures we produce these days.
Whilst unpacking a number of boxes following my recent house move, I came across some old note books which date back to the earliest days of what I consider my first steps towards taking ‘proper’ photographs. With the progress of technology – such as the data embedded into digital files – I wonder whether the note-taking process is now obsolete.
Some quick links to things mentioned in this show:
- Pentax Cameras
- Ilford FP4 Plus Film
- Fuji Sensia Film
- Fill-in Flash
- TAP Episode #21 – Discussing Photographic Education
- Evernote App
Music featured in this episode is courtesy of Matt Stevens. You can check out more of his work here.
Giles Babbidge is a professional photographer based in Hampshire, UK. He is the producer of the popular weekly podcast, The Active Photographer, which offers a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes of his life as a working photographer.
Giles shoots imagery for commercial and editorial clients, specifically working within the business and outdoor markets.
You can find out more by following the links below.
Company: Giles Babbidge Photography
© 2011 Giles Babbidge
Here’s how you can share your tips, techniques and tutorials on CurrentPhotographer.com
- The Active Photographer – Episode 80: Taking A Breather And Catching Up
- The Active Photographer – Episode 71: Taking A Look At Perfect Resize 7
- The Active Photographer – Episode 56: Taking Time To Clear The Mind
- The Active Photographer – Episode 33: Photographic Technology
- The Active Photographer – Episode 72: Dealing With Disruption