The Active Photographer – Episode 82: City Location ScoutingBy
This week: I’m talking through my latest location scout images, ahead of a photo shoot later in the week.
In a few days’ time, I will be shooting some new promotional pictures for my good friend, musician Tom Kent. Knowing the sort of imagery he needs is one thing, but location is going to play a big part – which is why I decided to go location scouting last weekend, in preparation.
Some quick links to things mentioned in this show:
- Tom Kent, musician
- Portsmouth, UK
- Nikon D3 SLR
- Nikon Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF
- Nikon Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8 ED-IF AF-S
- Gitzo tripods
- Nikon SB-800 flash gun
Music featured in this episode is courtesy of Matt Stevens. You can check out more of his work here.
Giles Babbidge is a professional photographer based in Hampshire, UK. He is the producer of the popular weekly podcast, The Active Photographer, which offers a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes of his life as a working photographer.
Giles shoots imagery for commercial and editorial clients, specifically working within the business and outdoor markets.
You can find out more by following the links below.
Company: Giles Babbidge Photography
© 2011 Giles Babbidge
Here’s how you can share your tips, techniques and tutorials on CurrentPhotographer.com
- The Active Photographer – Episode 69: Scouting A Location For A Second Time
- The Active Photographer – Episode 65: Location Scout And Collaboration
- The Active Photographer – Episode 52: A Challenge As Darkess Falls
- The Active Photographer – Episode 60: Without Light, We Are Nothing
- The Active Photographer – Episode 54: Pre-Christmas Tour Pictures