Jan 15, 2010
Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Named 2009 “Printer of the Year” by Mac|Life
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Epson America today announced that the Epson Stylus® Photo R2880 was named “Printer of the Year” in the December “Gear of the Year 2009” issue of Mac|Life. The R2880 was chosen for its outstanding black-and-white print output and fine-art reproduction, as well as superior media flexibility.
“The Epson R2880 stands out among all other printers for its breathtaking tonal range in color prints and grayscale reproduction of black-and-white prints,” said Jon Phillips, editorial director, Mac|Life magazine. “In addition, this printer supports a huge array of paper sizes and types, including roll support and fine art papers, making it an ideal printer choice for artists.”
The R2880 is a professional printer designed for photographers who seek the highest-quality sellable photographic and fine art prints. Using the same core technology as the Epson Stylus Pro printer line, the 13-inch R2880 features Epson UltraChrome K3® with Vivid Magenta ink technology and a high-performance print head for professional photographic output. The printer also features Radiance® Technology, an innovation that smoothes color transitions and optimizes highlight and shadow detail.
“It is an honor for the Epson Stylus Photo R2880 to be named ‘Printer of the Year’ by Mac|Life,” said Richard Day, senior product manager, Epson America. “The R2880 has been a leader in its class ever since it launched last year, and this award underscores Epson’s leadership within the 13-inch photographic printer market.”
To see the entire “Gear of the Year 2009” article, please visit MacLife.com.
About the Epson Stylus Photo R2880
The Epson Stylus Photo R2880 features several innovative technologies and enhancements to produce exhibition quality prints, including:
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology: Eight-color ink set with Vivid Magenta and Vivid Light Magenta improves reds, blues and purples for an expanded color gamut, and three-levels of black deliver unsurpassed gray balance and stunning tonal range in black-and-white output; this pigment ink set offers exceptional print permanence ratings for truly sellable color and black-and-white prints
- Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode: Enables precise control for neutral or toned black-and-white prints by allowing photographers to choose from one of four preset menus — neutral, warm, cool, or sepia – or further fine-tune images with custom slider bars and a color tone wheel for precise control; customized settings can also be saved and recalled to easily achieve a consistent print every time
- Radiance Technology: Advanced mathematical architecture co-developed by color scientists at Epson and the Rochester Institute of Technology (R.I.T.) optimizes the color gamut and dramatically improves transitions in highlights and shadows while reducing grain in prints
- MicroPiezo® AMC Print Head: Professional, eight-channel print head produces a maximum resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as 3 picoliters and places them with exceptional precision and accuracy for a true photographic print
- Media Versatility: Creates professional quality prints from 4”x6” up to 13”x44” on glossy, fine art and matte papers, and supports 1.3 mm thick art boards and roll media, including canvas; also prints directly onto inkjet printable CDs and DVDs, making it easy to create professional digital portfolios
- Epson PreciseColor™ Manufacturing: Rigorous process evaluates and adjusts each printer’s performance at the manufacturing stage to ensure consistent color output, eliminating the need for internal calibration devices
The R2880 is available through direct market resellers, specialty photo stores, computer superstores, online retailers, and Epson.com. For more information on the Epson Stylus Photo R2880, including a video with commentary from professional photographer Vincent Versace, please visit www.epson.com/R2880.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 companies around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
# # #
Note: Epson, Epson Stylus, Epson UltraChrome K3, and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corp. PreciseColor is a trademark and Radiance is a registered trademark of Epson America Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
*The Current Photographer website contains links to our affiliate partners. Purchasing products and services through these links helps support our efforts to bring you the quality information you love and there’s no additional cost to you.